At Rawlinson Chiropractic, our chiropractor in Tracy, CA, is on a mission to deliver chiropractic care to our patients. One of the most common complaints we receive is due to chronic or acute back pain. If you're struggling with back pain, know that you're not alone, and that there is help available. To help you get started, below is a back pain FAQ to help you make an informed treatment decision.
What Causes Back Pain?
Back pain can have many causes. It could be due to an accident, muscle strain, degenerative disease, or other factors. It can be important to understand the source of your back pain in order to develop an treatment plan. Our chiropractor will assess and diagnose the cause of your discomfort so that we can provide you with the best diagnosis. Some common conditions he or she might find include:
- Spinal Misalignment: Spinal misalignment, or subluxation, is when one of the vertebrae in your spine gets out of alignment. This might cause a wide array of symptoms, including back pain.
- Degenerative Disc Disease: Degenerative disc disease may be the result of the natural aging process and causes the discs in your spine to break down over time.
- Muscle Strain: Muscular strain is a common source of back pain, especially when due to incorrect posture or lifting heavy objects.
- Sciatica: Sciatica is a condition where the sciatic nerve in your lower back becomes compressed. This can cause radiating pain in your lower back that can travel down your legs.
How Long Does Back Pain Last?
The length of time back pain lasts will vary depending on the source and severity of the issue. In many cases, if treated properly with chiropractic care, the pain can be resolved quickly. However, some chronic conditions may require ongoing treatment and management to keep symptoms at bay.
What Are Some Common Treatments for Back Pain?
At Rawlinson Chiropractic, we tailor our treatment plans to each patient's unique needs. Depending on your condition and underlying cause of your back pain, some common treatment options may include:
- Chiropractic Adjustments: Our chiropractor can use gentle, targeted adjustments to manipulate your spine and reduce tension in the back. This can help alleviate pain and improve mobility.
- Stretching & Strengthening Exercises: By performing specific exercises, we can help strengthen the muscles and ligaments surrounding your spine which can help reduce pain.
- Lifestyle Changes: Making positive lifestyle changes may also help reduce back pain over time.
Find Relief from Back Pain Today
If you're suffering from chronic or acute back pain, our team is here to help. Call us at (209) 229-8756 to schedule an appointment and find the back pain relief you may need. We at Rawlinson Chiropractic in Tracy, CA, are here to help.